Those seeking a wrongful death claim have typically suffered loss due to negligence, or the inaction of another person, company or organization. Some of the most common causes of wrongful death include traffic accidents, defective products, and death during construction accidents. Unfortunately wrongful deaths are commonplace*:
* Lawyer Shop, Klandry Law, InjuryInformation.com Although a wrongful death claim may not bring the family’s beloved member back, a lawsuit may help to right the wrong and aid in covering medical bills, lost wages, funeral and burial expenses. Proof and evidence are vital components of making a successful wrongful death claim. The plaintiff must prove that the defendant caused the death through a preponderance of evidence. In a wrongful death claim, as in many cases, the preponderance of evidence means that the defendant most likely caused the death through his or her actions. A Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorney Can Help You File Your Claim A wrongful death claim can typically be made by the deceased’s family, however plaintiffs should always consult a Las Vegas wrongful death attorney, especially for certain circumstances such as:
- In 2008, the U.S. Department of Transportation reported that the highway wrongful death count was at 37,261 nationwide
- Medication errors affect more than 1.5 million people annually.
- 45,343 vehicular deaths during 2005 alone (5,212 involved truck accidents)
- In 2002, 17,419 traffics were DUI related
- 19,656 slip and fall fatalities occurred in 2005
- 5,840 people were killed at work in 2006
The law is complex and should be pursued with prudent caution. Before filing, consult a Las Vegas wrongful death attorney if you suspect you have a case. Contact a leading Las Vegas wrongful death attorney at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm and request a free initial consultation. Call us at 702-388-GGRM (4476).
- Children who file a wrongful death suit may require the aid of a legal guardian to pursue a case
- Distant relatives should consult an attorney before making a wrongful death claim
- Parental rights of those who want to pursue a wrongful death claim if their child died while in utero should consult with a legal expert
- Restrictions may apply if a family member caused the death of another family member
If you’ve suffered a head injury you may need the help of a head injury lawyer. In the U.S. brain injuries are the leading cause of death for people under age 45 and approximately 5 million people living in the U.S. have suffered some type of brain injury.
The most common ways to sustain a traumatic head injury is through a motor vehicle accident, falls or while playing sports. Because the material surrounding the brain is so complex and sensitive, identifying the symptoms quickly is imperative to recovery.
How can you determine if you may have suffered a brain injury? Early, telltale symptoms may provide clues:
- Head wound or gash in the area
- Fracture on the head or face
- Swelling or bruising near or on the injury site
- Loss of consciousness or feeling like you need to sleep all the time
- Nasal discharge
- Stiff neck
- Vomiting or disorientation
Also, depending upon where you’ve been hit, you may exhibit other symptoms such as inability to speak or form words, mood changes, blurred vision and memory loss.
Although several of these symptoms may be temporary if the injury is caught in the early stages, some may linger for years or for life. If you’ve sustained a head injury where another party may be to blame, consult a head injury lawyer.
What Will a Head Injury Lawyer Need to Prove Your Case?
A head injury lawyer will need different forms of proof before proceeding with your case. Based on how you sustained your injury, your attorney may ask for some of the following:
- Photographic evidence of the accident scene and your injury
- Skid marks or measurements involving an auto or truck accident
- Product description and the item itself
- Witness information surrounding the circumstances of your accident
- Registered complaints about a product, person or environment
- Physician and EMT testimony
Your head injury lawyer may also need copies of diagnostic tests and your efforts to recover and rehabilitate.
Learn more about what you can do if you’ve suffered head trauma. Call a skilled head injury lawyer at 702-388-GGRM (4476) or request a free initial consultation.
How can truck accident lawyers help reduce the number of injuries and deaths caused by reckless or negligent truck drivers or companies? If you or a loved one has been injured during a roadway collision with a truck, speak up! Our legal system needs to hear from you to improve legislation and make our roads safer.
Each year, approximately 5,000 people are killed and 100,000 are injured during the 500,000 truck accidents occurring throughout the country. In some cases accidents are the fault of another vehicle – cars often try to “zip” around trucks so they don't have to drive behind them, only to be hit. In other cases, the trucker or improper maintenance on the truck causes the accident.
When fault lies solely with the trucker, certain federal laws have been put in place to protect the victim. Each day, new legislation is being passed to enhance the safety of everyone on the road.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration instituted regulations on commercial motor vehicles and companies with the goal of reducing truck accidents. Some trucking laws include:
Can Truck Accident Lawyers Help Me With My Case?
- Hours of Service ensures that truckers are well rested when operating their vehicle. Hours of service has been the basis of numerous court cases involving truckers over the years
- Commercial Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program ensures and enhances vehicle and driver safety
- Controlled Substances and Alcohol Use and Testing monitors drivers’ use of alcohol and drugs while operating the vehicle
- Commercial Driver’s License Standards; Requirements and Penalties is aimed at ensuring the driver has adequate training and licensing to operate the vehicle
Only adept truck accident lawyers should handle a trucking case. While some personal injury firms may dabble in truck accident law, the complexities and numerous laws and regulations make it too complicated for a novice.
If you’ve been struck by tragedy in a truck accident, you need an expert who understands the intricacies and demands of truck accident litigation.
Contact the skilled truck accident lawyers at GGRM to handle your case. We have over 40 years of experience working in the Las Vegas community and are ready to hear your case.
Call our truck accident lawyers at 702-388-GGRM (4476) or request a free initial consultation.
Can a product liability firm help you determine if you’ve purchased or are using a defective product? Unfortunately many consumers don’t realize they own a defective product until tragedy strikes. Because several elements must converge in order to create a product, hiring a product liability firm who can break down the different elements can help you determine if the product you bought is defective or not.
3 main types of defects can occur in any product:
- Design defects: wherein the actual design of the product created a hazard
- Manufacturing defects: when the product was assembled, errors occurred which resulted in a dangerous product
- Marketing defect: the product was misrepresented during promotion
While some products can actually have all three defects, typically only one defect results in a dangerous situation for the consumer. While many consumers think of a “product defect” in terms of items such as vehicles, household appliances or toys, many other items also fall under the product defect umbrella. These items include intangibles such as gasoline, asbestos and chemical substances. Also, writings like maps and charts, real estate and even naturals such as pets can be considered to be a defective product.
When Should I Call Product Liability Firm?
Before you call a product liability firm, consider the product and the circumstances surrounding your injury. Many product liability firms will need documentation and a history of product use before determining whether you have a viable case. Additionally, plaintiffs should consider the timeline in which the injury or defect occurred. If the injury or defect occurred several years ago, your case may not have the same relevancy as one that occurred only a few weeks ago.
Different states have varying deadlines for filing product liability cases and your attorney can advise you whether you are within limits or not. It’s important to note that in some cases, such as leaky breast implants or toxic mold illness may not present itself within months or years of exposure. That’s why it’s imperative you hire a product liability firm that has the skill and experience to effectively evaluate your case.
Don’t allow a faulty product to ruin your life. You can seek timely legal advice and get the compensation you deserve. Contact Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez, for product liability claims in Las Vegas at 702-388-GGRM (4476).
Your personal injury attorney in Las Vegas and local consumer groups may have contributed towards getting faulty baby cribs off the market. For years, parents have relied upon drop-side cribs; however, new federal regulations have deemed them unsafe and have banned any sale and manufacture of this type of crib.
Since 2000 drop-side cribs have directly caused the death of 32 babies due to the child being trapped between the moveable sides and the mattress. In addition to drop-side cribs being deemed unsafe, crib manufacturers must follow additional new standards including:
- Manufacturing stronger slats and mattress supports
- Crib hardware must have anti-loosening devices to prevent equipment from falling apart
Before the regulations arose, manufacturers were allowed to tighten screws in the middle of a simulated shake test – this option is no longer available.
Do You Need a Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas?
You may not need a personal injury attorney in Las Vegas simply because you own a drop-side crib. However, attorneys suggest that you evaluate your crib and check the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) website for product recalls. Within the past four years the CPSC has recalled more than 11 million faulty cribs, so it’s important to know whether your crib is on the list.
Susan Cirigliano, a mother who rallied for tougher crib standards after her infant son died in a defective crib in 2004 told the LA Times, that she was blindsided by what happened to her child. "I know times are tough, but I always felt like the price of a crib is minuscule compared to the price of your child's life. I was a normal mom raising her kids. Never in a million years would I have thought that could happen to me."
Thanks to parents like Susan and consumer groups, awareness has been raised about faulty crib and lives may be saved. If you have questions about whether you possess a dangerous crib or if a faulty crib has victimized your family, rely on a personal injury attorney in Las Vegas for answers.
Wondering what to do about your child’s crib? Contact the leading product liability personal injury attorney in Las Vegas, Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm. Contact us at 702-388-GGRM (4476).