Serious personal injury in Las Vegas
can occur to the numerous motorcycle riders on our streets. While many motorcycle riders obey traffic rules and maintain a safe distance behind other motorists, accidents do happen.
Unfortunately when a motorcyclist is involved in a traffic accident he or she typically suffers the most damage:
- Between 1998 and 2000 motorcycle deaths increased among all rider age groups
- Motorcycle riders were 30 times more likely to die in an accident than drivers of other vehicles
- Riders under the age of 40 were 36 times more likely to be killed than other drivers
- The number of injuries and fatalities amongst motorcycle riders has increased. For example, between 2003 and 2004, motorcycle deaths increased by 8%
It’s important you seek legal assistance whether you’ve been injured or a loved one has been killed while operating a motorcycle. Talk to a lawyer who specializes in personal injury in Las Vegas for more information.
Motorcycle Personal Injury in Las Vegas Can Be Reduced
Personal injury in Las Vegas
stemming from motorcycle accidents may occur no matter what you do. However, if you take certain safety precautions, your risk of being injured can be reduced:
- Wear a helmet: a full-face helmet is most protective, however ¾ and ½ helmets offer protection as well
- Gloves: provide knuckle protection and some offer wrist protection
- Jackets: leather, ballistic, nylon, Kevlar or other synthetics with special padding can offer torso and possibly neck protection
- Pants: created from the same material as the jacket, pants provide special protection for the knees and hips
- Boots: reinforced and plastic caps on the ankles and toe areas help reduce injury
- Eye protection: highly important to all riders, consider a helmet visor or goggles for protection
- Ear plugs: with wind speed noise above 40 mph, riders need to protect their ears and hearing
- Retro-reflective vests: help identify motorcyclists at night or during adverse weather conditions
Taking the necessary steps can add a layer of protection every time you ride. However, if you’ve been injured while riding consider turning to a lawyer known for personal injury in Las Vegas – contact Greenman Goldberg Raby Martinez Law Firm.
Call 702-388-GGRM (4476) today.
How can you discern between the myriad of Las Vegas personal injury law firms? There are many choices, with most firms offering an extensive menu of services. How can you decide which firm may be best suited for your specific case? Before committing to one attorney or firm, consider this list of screening questions you can use to make your decision:
- Does the firm have experience working with cases similar to yours? Check the firm’s website for biographical information about the attorneys and case studies
- Does the firm also defend against law suits in the area? Attorneys who represent injured people typically don’t also defend against lawsuits
- Do the attorneys at the firm belong to personal injury trial lawyers’ associations such as the American Association for Justice (AAJ) or a state association?
- Does the local bar association list the firm in good standing?
- What type of publicity can you find about the firm regarding a case that one of the attorneys handled?
- What type of references can the firm produce?
- If you have a relationship with an attorney at another firm, what kind of impression does the firm have on him or her?
Speaking one on one with attorneys at the firm can also give you a gut feeling about whether this is the right Las Vegas personal injury law firm for you or not. What Types of Cases do Las Vegas Personal Injury Law Firms Handle?
Las Vegas personal injury law firms handle a variety of cases that can range from slip and fall to auto accidents. Generally, a well-rounded, experienced firm will also handle:
- Automobile and motorcycle accidents
- Dog bites and pet-related injuries
- Head and spine injuries
- Products liability
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Social Security Disability
- Trucking accidents
- Worker's compensation
- Wrongful death
Because you don’t know when you may need a personal injury attorney, use these guidelines to help you choose the best among Las Vegas personal injury law firms. To consult one of the leading Las Vegas personal injury law firms, contact Greenman Goldberg Raby Martinez Law Firm. Call 702-388-GGRM (4476).
An injury attorney in Las Vegas can help you identify the signs of nursing home abuse. Many families feel guilt when they discover that the nursing home they trusted to attend to the needs of a loved has been neglectful or worse, hurtful. Families need an honest, trustworthy source for guidance.
When visiting your loved one, look for these signs:
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Open wounds or sores (especially along the back, which may indicate bedsores)
- Burns or abrasions
- Sudden increase or decrease in weight
- Soiled clothing or a drop in personal hygiene
- Increase in infections
- Hair loss
- Torn or stained clothing
Physical trauma may not be the only problem. Emotional abuse can be just as damaging, which may include insults and degrading comments. If you suspect abuse, remove your loved one from the nursing home immediately and contact an injury attorney in Las Vegas for help.
Know Your Rights – Talk to an Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
An injury attorney in Las Vegas can help you understand your legal options if you suspect nursing home abuse or neglect:
- Know the care standards: knowing the type of nursing facility is important. Under federal law, there are 4 types, which includes an adult boarding service, residential care, intermediate care and skilled nursing facilities. The type of care will determine the kind of legal action
- Understanding the facilities’ policies: you must be given access to a written document that details the facility’s policy on nursing home abuse and neglect
- Participating in care and treatment: the resident has the right to access medical records and participate in treatment decisions
While these are general federal guidelines, an injury attorney in Las Vegas can lay out the guidelines specific to Nevada nursing home abuse law.
If you suspect abuse or neglect, contact an injury attorney in Las Vegas at GGRM Law Firm. Call us at 702-388-GGRM (4476) to learn more about what you can do.
Experiencing a car accident is common; and yet most people are not sure when they should contact an accident attorney in Las Vegas? Sometimes, when the accident is no one’s fault, it may be a tough decision whether to get an attorney involved. However, often accident victims may have been injured due to the outright negligence of another, making the search for a good attorney important.
What constitutes negligence?
- Texting while driving: this growing epidemic of accidents caused by drivers who use their mobile devices to send text messages is alarming
- Driving while intoxicated: drinking or being under the influence of mind-altering substances is a leading cause of vehicle accidents
- Racing: two cars using the roadway as an impromptu drag racing arena can hurt innocent drivers
- Falling asleep at the wheel: nearly as dangerous as driving while drunk, falling asleep at the wheel is not only a problem for truck drivers; it happens to other drivers too
- Talking on the phone or watching a video on your phone: increasing number of gadgets has brought distraction to drivers, boosting the number of traffic accidents
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
- Failure to obey traffic signs and signals
If you or a loved one has been the victim of someone who is guilty of one or many of these behaviors you should contact an accident attorney in Las Vegas.
Contact an Accident Attorney in Las Vegas Regarding Vehicle Damage
Consult with an accident attorney in Las Vegas if your vehicle was damaged or destroyed in an auto accident. Many vehicle owners wonder if they have any control over whether their car will be repaired or replaced. Unfortunately, your car’s fate lies in the hands of the insurance company. If it costs less to replace it, the insurance company will declare it a loss and you can take the next step.
However, if the insurance company deems your vehicle repairable, there is no guarantee your car will be restored to pre-accident condition. This is the time when contacting an accident attorney in Las Vegas may be critical.
If you’ve experienced an auto accident contact a leading accident attorney in Las Vegas at Greenman Goldberg Raby Martinez Law Firm. For a free consultation, call 702-388-GGRM (4476).
Should you turn to a work injury lawyer if you've been hurt on the job but feel your job is in jeopardy? Absolutely! While employers can hire, fire or demote employees for many reasons, firing someone after they’ve been hurt on the job is not only wrong, it’s illegal.
While no employer will openly admit they fired an employee who was hurt on the job, there are a few cues that can help you determine if this termination is unlawful:
- You worked for the same employer for several years, filed a worker’s compensation claim and were then terminated
- Before filing the worker’s compensation claim your employer asked you not to go through with the paper work
- The employer made comments such as, “I can’t afford having injured workers here” or “you are a liability”
- You were given no options or accommodations (such as light work duty or reassignment) after your injury, but were fired instead
- You requested accommodations or reassignment and got fired
- You fit the requirements of the Family Medical Leave Act but were terminated while taking the time off
The Family Medical Leave Act requires employers with 50 or more employees to allow for up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave for medical reasons. The employee must have worked for the employer for at least one year in order to qualify. A work injury lawyer can help you sort through what is really going on at work and get to the bottom of why you were terminated.
Work Injury Lawyer Explains Americans with Disabilities Act
A work injury lawyer can explain how the Americans with Disabilities Act can protect you if you’ve been injured at work. Often a worker’s compensation injury can qualify as a disability so understanding this Act is important to all workers.
Instead of trying to interpret the law, meet with a leading work injury lawyer who can guide you through the process. If you are worried your job may be in jeopardy after you’ve been injured at work, call GGRM Law Firm for a free consultation at 702-388-GGRM (4476).
Sometimes it's a tough call whether or not to contact a Las Vegas personal injury attorney. Victims may question whether the severity of their injury should require legal intervention whereas other victims may be unsure if their situation warrants a personal injury case.
If you are undecided about whether you should contact a personal attorney in Las Vegas consider the three main components of a PI case:
- Someone other than you is responsible for your injuries
- Your personal injury has caused disruption in your life ranging from financial and work hardships to personal problems
- The person who caused your injury was either intentionally or unintentionally neglectful
Sometimes personal injury cases are not cut and dry. For example, how do you determine if falling down a flight of stairs at a local sports arena constitutes personal injury? If you can prove the area surrounding the stairs was unsafe, either slippery or had an obstruction that caused your fall, you may possibly have a personal injury claim.
Victims of defective products may also consider pursuing a consultation with a Las Vegas personal injury attorney if the manufacturer or seller falsely advertised the product or created a defective product that caused harm.
What Type of Compensation Can a Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney Obtain?
A Las Vegas personal injury attorney can help you pursue your claim to cover numerous expenses stemming from your injury. Often, medical bills and lost wages top the list for many victims. However, victims may have suffered other losses too, including:
Instead of pondering over whether you need a Las Vegas personal injury attorney, find out today – contact Greenman Goldberg Raby Martinez Law Firm. Call for a free consultation at 702-388-GGRM (4476).
- Loss of property that was destroyed, damaged or lost due to the neglect of another
- The possibility that you can no longer work due to your injuries
- Physical and psychological pain and suffering
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Disfigurement due to your injury
- Loss of a loved one