Warrants a Call to a Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Lawyer!
Does improper employee training warrant a call to a Las Vegas workers’ compensation lawyer? In some cases employers try to say that the employee should have known better and that training has nothing to do with why she or he was injured. However in numerous cases, injury could have been prevented if the proper training was furnished. Back injuries are one of the most common causes for disability—according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 1 million employees injure their backs at work due to a variety of reasons:
- Improper lifting technique: whether through repeated lifting or turning to lift an object off a desk, it only takes one incident to become injured. Employees who have not been properly trained on how to lift equipment should not be transporting heavy items until fully informed.
- Poor or absent employee training: sometimes employers believe that by furnishing an employee manual, training is complete. Without visual and practical training, employees are still vulnerable to injury.
- Dangerous work environment: unmaintained floors, slippery tile and improperly working equipment open up many opportunities for injury.
- Lack of back support or safety gear: in addition to proper lifting techniques, workers should be given the right safety gear and support to prevent injury.
Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Lawyer: How to Stay Safe on the Job
Instead of getting hurt and having to call a Las Vegas workers’ compensation lawyer, know how to avoid accidents:
- Request safety training: whether you have a desk job or work in the construction field, it’s always important to have safety training. If safety training was not offered to you during the initial hiring phase, make it a point to request it on the job.
- Look for hazards in your environment: situational awareness will keep you safe on the job. If you see a wet floor, alert maintenance immediately and avoid the area. Never attempt a dangerous task in order to save time or money—you could end up being injured.
- Follow safety rules: your employer has created safety rules to protect you, so following them is important
- Know your employee rights: obtain information about workers’ compensation from a Las Vegas attorney or talk to your human resources manager about your rights.
- Ask questions and get help: if you don’t feel safe or believe you could be injured at any time, ask someone for help. Keep asking until you get satisfactory answers if you don’t immediately find a way to remedy the situation.
Contact a Las Vegas workers’ compensation lawyer at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm for a free consultation. Call us at 702-388-GGRM (4476).
A personal injury law firm in Las Vegas can fight for your rights should you be injured due to a negligent taxi driver’s or cab company’s actions. Some facts you should know:
- Although Nevada has a seat belt law, it does not mandate seat belt use in a civil case
- In many cases, seat belts are not available in the backseat of a taxi cab
- Tourists are often the victims of most taxi cab accidents
- Typical injuries are back and neck injuries as well as feet, leg and shin injuries
- The most common taxi cab injury seen in the Vegas area is when a cab runs over someone’s foot
- When a foot is run over by a taxi cab, the result can be crushed bones, tendons and ligaments. Both nerve and permanent damage can occur
At times a taxi cab accident is not solely the fault of the driver. Brake failure, poor cab maintenance and another driver may be at fault. Regardless of how the accident occurred, choosing an expert personal injury law firm in Las Vegas to handle your claim will help you get to the root of the problem.
While passengers are usually the victim of a taxi cab accident, pedestrians should contact a personal injury law firm in Las Vegas if they’ve been hit. Because taxi drivers are in such a rush to get from job to job, they may not see pedestrians in the street or ignore them, thinking they will move out of the way. Typical victims are:
- Bicycle riders traveling in the bike lane are also vulnerable to taxi cab accidents if the cab swerves into the bike lane
- Tourists who may not have knowledge of certain crosswalks and areas in Vegas
- Clusters of pedestrians crossing a busy Vegas street have been hit by a rushed cab driver
- Children are often victims of pedestrian cab accidents if they step off the sidewalk or run into the street
Contact a personal injury law firm in Las Vegas if you’ve been the victim of a taxi cab accident. Contact Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm for a free consultation. Call us at 702-388-GGRM (4476).
Innocent motorists and pedestrians should contact a top car accident attorney in Las Vegas if they’ve been a victim of drunk driving. Although numerous education and awareness campaigns are prevalent in society, drunk driving continues to kill and injure people each day. People who drink and drive face more than jail and humiliation—they will have to live with the fact that their actions have ruined another person’s life.
Some general facts about drunk driving:
- In 2006, 41% of the drunk driving accidents involved fatalities
- At least half of all holiday accidents are alcohol-related
- The majority of people who get DUIs are not considered to be alcoholics
- Beer consumption is responsible for 80% of alcohol-related fatalities
- At least 30% of all Americans have or will be involved in an alcohol related crash at some point in their life
- 10% of all drunk driving incidents were at the hands of an underage driver
- Jail time, fines and having your insurance policy revoked are possible punishments resulting from getting a DUI
An experienced car accident attorney in Las Vegas knows that many drunken driving accidents are caused when the driver does not recognize that he or she is drunk or does not have friends or companions to prevent him/her from driving.
Before you ruin your life and an innocent victim’s life forever, attorneys urge drivers to recognize when they are intoxicated and that it may be time to hand over the keys. Ways to stay safe:
- When going out at night, always have a designated driver
- Only drink at places where it is possible to walk home
- Call a cab service if you are too drunk to drive
- Use the Internet to find a service that will take you and your car home after an evening of drinking
- Use public transportation such as subways or bus services
- Ask the bartender for help if you’ve had too much to drink – some bars or clubs have shuttle services
If you’ve been involved in a drunk driving incident, talk to a top car accident attorney in Las Vegas. Contact Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm, for a free consultation at 702-388-GGRM (4476).
Personal injury lawyers in Las Vegas discuss new evidence that a traumatic brain injury may be a contributing risk factor in the development of Alzheimer’s disease.
While a minor bump on the head may not lead to problems later in life, doctors believe that head trauma that occurs repeatedly or when the victim loses consciousness could increase your risk of developing the disease in the future.
Types of severe traumatic brain injury include:
- Closed Wound: an injury to the brain that is caused by the brain moving within the skull. Types of injuries could be falls, motor vehicle crashes or being hit or struck by an object
- Penetrating Wound: when a foreign object penetrates the skull and invades the brain. Examples include being shot by a firearm or being hit with an object
Additionally, new evidence has emerged that links brain health to heart health. Because your brain is fed by blood vessels from the heart, physicians hypothesize that reduced blood and oxygen to the brain may contribute toward Alzheimer’s development as well.
Personal injury lawyers in Las Vegas believe that prevention is the best way to avoid a traumatic brain injury. While you can’t anticipate and prevent all accidents from occurring you can take a few steps to ensure your safety:
- Wear a seat belt every time you ride or drive in a vehicle
- Never drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Wear a helmet while riding a bike, motorcycle, snowmobile, playing contact sports, horseback riding or skateboarding
- Use a sturdy step stool when reaching for items on high shelves
- Use handrails on stairways
- Remove tripping hazards from your home
- Use non-slip mats in your shower and bathtub
- See an eye doctor for regular vision check ups
It’s also important to either go to the ER or contact your doctor immediately following head trauma if you exhibit symptoms such as headaches, neck pain, vomiting, blurred vision or ringing in the ears. Personal injury attorneys in Las Vegas add that the sooner you see your doctor the more likely you can avoid long-term problems.
Talk to personal injury lawyers in Las Vegas if you’ve experienced severe head trauma due to the negligence or at the hands of another. Contact Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm for a free consultation. Call 702-388-GGRM (4476) today.
Auto accident personal injury attorneys can help you navigate through the confusing process of what to do after you’ve been in a crash. Some important steps include:
- Document the scene. Although you may be dazed and possibly injured, it’s important that you contact the police immediately so the scene can be properly documented.
- Avoid discussing the accident with the other driver or insurance adjusters. In the event your case ends up in court you don’t want anything you say to be held against you. Also, do not agree to be filmed or taped discussing your case.
- Seek medical attention immediately. In many types of auto accidents, personal injury may not come to light until hours or possibly days later. The sooner you seek medical attention, the earlier you can start the healing process.
After a crash, contact an auto accident personal injury attorney to ensure your case is heard. An attorney can advise you about predatory outsiders who may try to influence your decisions:
- Don’t sign any agreements. The other driver’s attorney may try to get you to sign over your rights or claim to pursue damages in exchange for a smaller settlement. Never sign any documents without first consulting with your personal injury attorney.
- Avoid car accident loans. Consult with an attorney before pursuing pre-settlement financial assistance. Lenders create these loans to look very attractive when victims have experienced an injury and lost wages from not being able to go to work. However, terms and conditions should be examined to determine if this type of help is in your best interest.
- Talk to a personal injury lawyer. Call an auto accident personal injury lawyer to handle your case. Request case histories involving accidents similar to yours and furnish your attorney with as much information and documentation as possible during the initial meeting.
Learn more about when to contact an auto accident personal injury attorney. Contact Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm for a free consultation. Or call 702-388-GGRM (4476).
Personal injury lawyers advise clients to practice safe winter driving habits in order to avoid accidents. Winterize your vehicle by taking the following steps:
- Determine whether you need snow tires. While it may not snow in Las Vegas, you may see flakes in the surrounding, higher altitude areas. If you plan to travel to the mountains or even in some areas in the desert, consider adding snow tires to keep you safe on the road during winter.
- Check tire pressure. Tire pressure determines traction—hit an icy patch with improperly inflated tires and you could cause an accident. It’s especially important to check the pressure during the winter months because colder temperatures may cause the tire pressure to drop.
- Inspect your 4-wheel driving system. Ensure that if you need to stop suddenly during inclement winter weather, you can. Check for strange noises from the drivetrain and inspect the transmission gear oil levels.
- Check hoses, battery, gages and fluids. Your local mechanic can perform a winter maintenance check or you can examine the belts and fluid levels for deficiencies
Motorists should also maintain an emergency car kit that contains items like jumper cables, an extra blanket, extra food and water and a first aid kit.
Few people in Southern Nevada will think of snow in the state. The fact is, however, that Las Vegas has a wonderful ski area and Reno gets snow every winter. Every few years, the locals in Las Vegas may have to deal with driving in the snow; something they are not used to doing. Road accidents can happen in snow or icy conditions, especially when drivers are not aware of safe winter driving practices.
Personal injury lawyers know that driving on snow-covered roads takes a certain amount of skill and practice. When confronted with a snowy or icy road take these steps:
- Drive at a slower speed
- Brake before you turn a corner and not into the corner
- Slowly engage the break before you come to a traffic light in the event you hit a patch of ice
- If you begin to skid, turn your wheels into the skid and slightly accelerate to regain control of your vehicle
Learn more about safe winter driving habits from our team of personal injury lawyers in Las Vegas at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm. Call 702-388-GGRM (4476) today.
If you’ve been in an accident, you can help your personal injury lawyer with your case by taking a few simple steps:
- Document your injury. The minute you experience an injury such as an auto accident or a slip and fall accident in a store, call the police or contact the store manager to ensure a report is provided.
- Take pictures. Photographic evidence will support your claim, especially if the photos are taken immediately following your accident. In addition to photographing your injuries, make sure other pictures are taken such as damage to your vehicle if you are involved in an automobile accident.
- Seek medical assistance. You won’t help your case by avoiding the doctor so seek help immediately as you begin the healing and recovery process with medical help.
An experienced personal injury lawyer will advise you to be protective of your rights when you are pursuing a claim. Most importantly you should:
- Contact an attorney who has a proven track record in dealing with personal injury cases. Seek an attorney or a firm that specializes in personal injury and can provide case history involving situations similar to yours.
- Reveal prior injuries. Tell the physician and attorney if you’ve been injured or have had accidents in the past in order to provide your team with full historical knowledge—the more your legal consulting team knows about you, the better equipped they’ll be to build your case
- Never sign anything until you’ve consulted with an attorney. In some cases the other party may ask you to sign a legal document releasing them from culpability. If you sign any document like this, it could potentially ruin your case; so don’t do it without proper legal advice.
Contact a personal injury lawyer at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm for a free consultation. Call 702-388-GGRM (4476) today.
If you’ve been injured in a truck involved crash do you need to contact a trucking accident attorney? A lawyer who specializes in truck accidents is usually your best bet, especially if the driver exhibited one of the most common unsafe, negligent behaviors while behind the wheel.
Common unsafe truck driver behaviors include:
- Extreme fatigue or drowsiness: the Federal Carrier Safety Administration (FCSA) requires that truck drivers comply with special “hours of service” rules. Drivers may not drive for more than 11 hours after spending 10 consecutive hours off duty. Drivers may also not drive beyond the 14th hour after coming off duty or drive more than 60 hours over 7 consecutive days
- Aggressive driving: because drivers may be under the gun to get to a certain location, some drivers may resort to aggressive driving to “force” other vehicles to move out of the way
- Inadequate training: handling a big rig takes tremendous skill and knowledge. An driver with limited training and experience is a hazard on the road because he or she does not know certain techniques that will keep motorists safe
- Distractions: while cell phone and texting problems may plague car drivers, truckers who text and drive is not uncommon and poses a grave risk too
Sometimes culpability is not completely clear, which is why contacting a trucking accident attorney is important. An experienced attorney will take numerous factors into account to pinpoint why you were injured and who could be at fault.
In a trucking accident there are many factors that could be behind the accident:
- The truck driver
- Owner of the truck or trailer
- The individual or company who leased the truck or trailer from the owner
- The company that manufactured the vehicle, tires or other parts of the truck or car that may have malfunctioned
- The shipping company that may have improperly loaded cargo, which caused the accident
Talk to a trucking accident attorney in order to get to the bottom of your case. Contact Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm for a free consultation. Call 702-388-GGRM (4476).
A motorcycle accident is one of the more traumatic forms of road accidents to be involved in. Motorcyclists are more exposed to the hazards of the road than other motorists. Some statistics estimate that motorcyclists are about 26 times more likely to die in a car crash and 5 times more likely to get injured than passengers in other types of vehicles. A motorcycle accident attorney should be your first call if you or a loved one has been involved in a crash.
A motorcycle accident is not only about physical injury. It also raises concerns about property damage, possible violation of the law, the question of liability, and varied issues pertaining to insurance. This is where the expertise and able support of a motorcycle accident attorney comes in handy.
Here are some important issues to consider if you or your loved one has been involved in such an accident:
- Severity of medical damage: If the damage has resulted in loss of wages or rendered a person incapable of leading a regular life, then long-term medical impact needs to be considered along with the immediate injuries.
- Possibility of product liability: Head injuries and trauma to the brain are likely consequences of an accident. A motorcycle accident attorney can help investigate if the trauma was sustained due to a defect in the helmet or the motorcycle.
- Extent of liability: The question of ‘whose fault is it?’ is an important one to address in accidents. The amount of compensation you are entitled to is closely linked with this question.
- Insurance issues: Several procedural issues must be tackled when filing for claims. Often, it is found that the motorcycle involved in the accident was underinsured. This can create complications in determining the appropriate claim amount. Also, filing of a claim requires phrasing questions and issues correctly. A motorcycle accident attorney has experience in the field and can help with that.
With an experienced and qualified motorcycle accident attorney, you will see benefits more valuable than the money you spend on fees and legal expenses.
- Whether it is a single claim or multiple claims, a motorcycle accident attorney will be the one-point contact for several agencies involved in an accident—medical, insurance, and other parties involved. This simplifies and expedites matters considerably.
- A motorcycle accident attorney can also help you assess loss more accurately. For example, you may not have considered loss of experience with family and friends as a loss worthy of a claim. Your attorney can methodically list all long-term as well as immediate losses and get you the best compensation possible.
- When any question of liability arises, it is always better to be represented by a motorcycle accident attorney to ensure that your best interests are protected.
The sooner you contact a Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorney at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm, the better your chances are of being rightfully compensated. Call for a free consultation at 702-388-GGRM (4476).
If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident, you may not consider hiring a pedestrian accident attorney immediately. After all, most people would consider getting medical attention to be the most important task at the time. However, getting legal aid is as important as getting medical help. If you are not careful, not only could you forfeit appropriate compensation but you could also be charged with contributory negligence.
Here are a few ways in which a pedestrian accident attorney can help you:
- There are two kinds of pedestrian accidents: vehicular and non-vehicular. The latter involve pedestrians getting hurt on sidewalks and other public places. In each case, to be entitled to compensation, the pedestrian must have exercised ‘proper care’ to avoid the accident. If this ‘proper care’ tenet is not established, you may in fact be considered liable for your own injuries. A pedestrian accident attorney knows how to investigate the case, get all the relevant facts in order, and then deduce the extent of liability accurately.
- Las Vegas is cited to be one of the cities with the highest number of pedestrian accidents on highways. In such accidents, more so than other kinds of pedestrian accidents, risk of brain damage, spinal injury, and complete incapacitation is very high. It is important, therefore, to understand the repercussions of the accident properly. For example, a fracture may lead to a three month long expensive and painful rehabilitation period. A pedestrian accident attorney will help you arrive at compensation that justifiably takes into account all these factors.
- In case of non-vehicular pedestrian accidents, it is often difficult to establish negligence. A pedestrian accident attorney, however, can study details of the accident and identify aspects of the case where negligence is evident. The attorney can then draw up an impactful claim.
Although a good Las Vegas pedestrian accident attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve, there are a few things you can do to improve your chances.
- Do not delay in calling the police and contacting your attorney.
- Try and get all relevant details such as names and phone numbers of eye-witnesses, license plate number of the vehicle involved in the accident, note down the exact time of the accident, etc.
- Remain at the scene of the accident until the police and help arrive.
- Do not make any statements to anyone before consulting your attorney. It is advisable to not talk to drivers or insurers without legal consultation.
Timely contact with a pedestrian accident attorney in Las Vegas is not just important, it is imperative. To find out what your rights are in the case of a pedestrian accident, call for a free consultation at 702-388-GGRM (4476).