When you’ve suffered an injury in an automobile or a work-related accident, regardless of who was to blame, you may be facing a tough road ahead dealing with your physical recovery and emotional well being. Make no mistake, you need a reputable advocate squarely and solely in your corner that will fight for your best interests in the days, weeks and months ahead following your injury.
To help make your search for legal representation easier, make sure you ask prospective attorneys these five essential questions.
1. What kinds of cases does the attorney handle the most?
No matter the type of legal case, the practice of law is complex and ever evolving. Only retain legal representation by an attorney specializing in the area you need. If you have been injured in an automobile or work-related accident, hire an attorney that specializes in those areas on a daily basis.
2. How long has the attorney been handling these types of cases?
To best comprehend the significance of this question, it pays to know that no matter the years and cases of experience, all attorneys that handle personal injury cases charge the same contingency fee. So, seek out and hire an attorney with the best reputation and most experience.
3. Can you provide references from previous clients?
Go with your instinct but do your homework. If the attorney isn’t confident of his or her previous representation and reputation, move on to the next. Would you hire an employee without checking references? No, and this should be no different.
4. Does the attorney try lawsuits in court?
Actual courtroom jury trial experience is critical to your case for two reasons: (1) if you don’t receive a satisfactory offer for your claim, you will want an attorney with extensive jury trial experience, and (2) your chances for getting a maximum settlement are better if the insurance company knows your attorney is experienced and ready to go to court.
5. How do the attorney’s colleagues rate them?
Now, you don’t need to call an attorney out of the blue and ask them over the phone who’s best qualified to handle your case. There are reliable resources available on the web to pre-qualify a personal injury attorney, as reviewed by their peers:
- The Martindale-Hubbell Bar Registry has been the go-to source for authoritative information of members of the legal community for more than 100 years.
- At The Best Lawyers in America, attorneys are selected as ” the best” in 57 specialties.
- Super Lawyers lists outstanding lawyers each year from more than 70 practice areas. Only 5% of lawyers in each state earn the title “Super Lawyer”.
If you have been injured in an automobile or work-related accident, call Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez at 702-388-4476 for your legal representation. They have been practicing personal injury cases longer than any other firm in Las Vegas. We’ve also prepared a checklist for what to do if you have been in a car accident.