Latest Posts



Tags Cloud

Can a Work Injury Lawyer Help Save My Job?

Should you turn to a work injury lawyer if you've been hurt on the job but feel your job is in jeopardy?  Absolutely! While employers can hire, fire or demote employees for many reasons, firing someone after they’ve been hurt on the job is not only wrong, it’s illegal. While no employer will openly admit they fired an employee who was hurt on the job, there are a few cues that can help you determine if this termination is unlawful:
  • You worked for the same employer for several years, filed a worker’s compensation claim and were then terminated
  • Before filing the worker’s compensation claim your employer asked you not to go through with the paper work
  • The employer made comments such as, “I can’t afford having injured workers here” or “you are a liability”
  • You were given no options or accommodations (such as light work duty or reassignment) after your injury, but were fired instead
  • You requested accommodations or reassignment and got fired
  • You fit the requirements of the Family Medical Leave Act but were terminated while taking the time off
The Family Medical Leave Act requires employers with 50 or more employees to allow for up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave for medical reasons. The employee must have worked for the employer for at least one year in order to qualify.  A work injury lawyer can help you sort through what is really going on at work and get to the bottom of why you were terminated. Work Injury Lawyer Explains Americans with Disabilities Act A work injury lawyer can explain how the Americans with Disabilities Act can protect you if you’ve been injured at work. Often a worker’s compensation injury can qualify as a disability so understanding this Act is important to all workers.   Instead of trying to interpret the law, meet with a leading work injury lawyer who can guide you through the process. If you are worried your job may be in jeopardy after you’ve been injured at work, call GGRM Law Firm for a free consultation at 702-388-GGRM (4476).