Innocent motorists and pedestrians should contact a top car accident attorney in Las Vegas if they’ve been a victim of drunk driving. Although numerous education and awareness campaigns are prevalent in society, drunk driving continues to kill and injure people each day. People who drink and drive face more than jail and humiliation—they will have to live with the fact that their actions have ruined another person’s life.
Some general facts about drunk driving:
- In 2006, 41% of the drunk driving accidents involved fatalities
- At least half of all holiday accidents are alcohol-related
- The majority of people who get DUIs are not considered to be alcoholics
- Beer consumption is responsible for 80% of alcohol-related fatalities
- At least 30% of all Americans have or will be involved in an alcohol related crash at some point in their life
- 10% of all drunk driving incidents were at the hands of an underage driver
- Jail time, fines and having your insurance policy revoked are possible punishments resulting from getting a DUI
Don’t Drink and Drive: Advice From A Car Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
An experienced car accident attorney in Las Vegas knows that many drunken driving accidents are caused when the driver does not recognize that he or she is drunk or does not have friends or companions to prevent him/her from driving.
Before you ruin your life and an innocent victim’s life forever, attorneys urge drivers to recognize when they are intoxicated and that it may be time to hand over the keys. Ways to stay safe:
- When going out at night, always have a designated driver
- Only drink at places where it is possible to walk home
- Call a cab service if you are too drunk to drive
- Use the Internet to find a service that will take you and your car home after an evening of drinking
- Use public transportation such as subways or bus services
- Ask the bartender for help if you’ve had too much to drink – some bars or clubs have shuttle services
If you’ve been involved in a drunk driving incident, talk to a top car accident attorney in Las Vegas. Contact Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm, for a free consultation at 702-388-GGRM (4476).