It is common for individuals to lament a slip and fall accident and yet not do anything about it. If you have been injured due to slipping and falling and the reason was the negligence of another party, don’t keep quiet about it. A slip and fall attorney can make you aware of your rights. Not only do you deserve to be compensated by the negligent party but you also owe it to others around you—you can help make sure that no further injuries occur the same way yours did.
Statistics revealed in the 5th edition of Industrial Safety & Occupational Health Markets show that 85% of worker’s compensation claims are attributed to employees slipping on slick floors. Figures from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (2002) indicate that 22% of slip and fall cases are the cause of more than a month of time away from work. The medical expenses and compensation fees involved when it comes to slip and fall accidents is in the range of $70 billion annually as quoted in the 2003 edition of the National Safety Council Injury Facts. Research, based in part on insurance industry claims data shows that 55% of all slip, trip, and fall accidents are due to improper walking surfaces.
What Types of Cases Does a Slip and Fall Attorney Handle?
There are so many ways in which slip and fall accidents can happen. Typically, when the traction between the feet and the surface being walked upon is inadequate, a slip or fall can occur. A slip and fall attorney sees the whole gamut of causes behind slip and fall accidents:
- wet or slick surfaces caused by spills, rain water, snow or ice
- coming loose or wrinkling and creasing of a floor mat, rug, carpet, or buckled laminate that causes a person to trip and fall
- cracks, dips and bumps in the floor that make it an uneven surface to walk on
- Narrow, steep or completely unexpected steps without warning that may cause a person to be unprepared to navigate them without slipping and falling
- Insufficient light where the floor or steps are not clearly visible
- Loose rubble or debris on the walking area
- Cabling, wires or ropes that are unraveled and lying carelessly on the floor leading to tripping and falling
Whatever may have caused you or a loved one to slip and fall, if it could have been avoided by someone else taking care to remove the cause, you have the right to be compensated for your injury.
Get in touch with a slip and fall attorney in Las Vegas to become aware of your rights and gain rightful compensation. Contact Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm. Call for a free consultation at 702-388-GGRM (4476).