Some results of botched plastic surgery include:
- Lifelong complications: although corrective surgeries can be performed, patients may be left scarred and in need of medication and therapy that can last a lifetime
- Chronic pain: between silicon breast implant leaks to aggressive lipo, chronic pain may plague individuals for years
- Loss of work: due to pain and suffering some victims of botched plastic surgery may lose their job or are unable to work
- Ongoing therapy: both physical and mental therapy may be required in order to get past bad plastic surgery
Plastic Surgery Statistics from a Personal Injury AttorneyA personal injury attorney who is experienced in dealing with botched plastic surgery cases knows that cosmetic surgeries are on the rise. With plastic surgery taking the spotlight in the media, more people are going under the knife to achieve that “perfect” appearance. There is also an increase in the number of bad surgeries being reported in the press.
Did you know?
- Nearly 12 million people had plastic surgery in 2007—a 59% increase from 2000, and counting
- Plastic surgery is gaining popularity in the middle class. The majority of plastic surgery patients, (60%) reported a household income of less than $90,000 a year (only 10% had an income of $90,000 or more)
- Women are more likely to have plastic surgery than men. Only 10% of the surgeries were for men
If you’ve been a victim of bad plastic surgery, contact a personal injury attorney at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm for a free consultation. Give us a call at 702-388-GGRM (4476).