A motorcycle accident is one of the more traumatic forms of road accidents to be involved in. Motorcyclists are more exposed to the hazards of the road than other motorists. Some statistics estimate that motorcyclists are about 26 times more likely to die in a car crash and 5 times more likely to get injured than passengers in other types of vehicles. A motorcycle accident attorney should be your first call if you or a loved one has been involved in a crash.
A motorcycle accident is not only about physical injury. It also raises concerns about property damage, possible violation of the law, the question of liability, and varied issues pertaining to insurance. This is where the expertise and able support of a motorcycle accident attorney comes in handy.
Here are some important issues to consider if you or your loved one has been involved in such an accident:
- Severity of medical damage: If the damage has resulted in loss of wages or rendered a person incapable of leading a regular life, then long-term medical impact needs to be considered along with the immediate injuries.
- Possibility of product liability: Head injuries and trauma to the brain are likely consequences of an accident. A motorcycle accident attorney can help investigate if the trauma was sustained due to a defect in the helmet or the motorcycle.
- Extent of liability: The question of ‘whose fault is it?’ is an important one to address in accidents. The amount of compensation you are entitled to is closely linked with this question.
- Insurance issues: Several procedural issues must be tackled when filing for claims. Often, it is found that the motorcycle involved in the accident was underinsured. This can create complications in determining the appropriate claim amount. Also, filing of a claim requires phrasing questions and issues correctly. A motorcycle accident attorney has experience in the field and can help with that.
What Are the Benefits of Engaging A Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
With an experienced and qualified motorcycle accident attorney, you will see benefits more valuable than the money you spend on fees and legal expenses.
- Whether it is a single claim or multiple claims, a motorcycle accident attorney will be the one-point contact for several agencies involved in an accident—medical, insurance, and other parties involved. This simplifies and expedites matters considerably.
- A motorcycle accident attorney can also help you assess loss more accurately. For example, you may not have considered loss of experience with family and friends as a loss worthy of a claim. Your attorney can methodically list all long-term as well as immediate losses and get you the best compensation possible.
- When any question of liability arises, it is always better to be represented by a motorcycle accident attorney to ensure that your best interests are protected.
The sooner you contact a Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorney at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm, the better your chances are of being rightfully compensated. Call for a free consultation at 702-388-GGRM (4476).