Most individuals who receive injuries on the job will not require the services of a Las Vegas attorney for injured workers. However, when the system fails, a qualified lawyer can help you receive the financial compensation you are entitled to under the law.
If your worker’s compensation claim is denied, having a lawyer on your side can be beneficial when you file an appeal. A law professional will make sure that you file the proper paperwork on time. If you fail to meet the deadlines, you will forfeit your rights to collect valuable benefits and will have to pay for your treatment out of pocket.
The following is a list of benefits that may be available to employees who are injured in the workplace:
• Medical Treatment – Injured employees are entitled to receive accidental benefits, which cover all medical treatments, including surgical supplies, prescription medications, nursing services and medical devices such as prosthetics or crutches.
• Temporary Total Disability (TTD) – Injured workers may receive 66 2/3 percent of their average monthly salary for up to twelve months if their injuries prevent them from working for five days within a twenty-day period or a minimum of five consecutive days.
• Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) – Individuals are considered to have a permanent partial disability if the injuries sustained prevent them from performing their work at full capacity. Medical conditions that can result in PPD include hearing loss, knee injury, nerve damage, carpal tunnel syndrome, loss of vision in one eye or amputation of a finger, hand or certain other body parts.
• Permanent Total Disability (PTD) – This category applies to injuries that are so severe they prevent a worker from obtaining gainful employment.
• Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits – These benefits cover assistance with job placement or training and educational programs to retrain an individual if injuries put restrictions on the employee’s ability to work and the employer is unable to offer a permanent light duty position within the company.
If you are denied worker’s compensation benefits, do not delay. Call the law firm of Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, and Martinez at 702-388-4476 (GGRM) today to speak to a qualified Las Vegas attorney for injured workers.