A motor vehicle accident lawyer can assist you and your family should you experience the trauma of being the victim of a hit and run accident. Often victims of a hit and run feel as if they’ve been violated twice—once when they were hit, but then again when the other party showed no remorse or didn’t care enough to stop to see if the victim was okay. Unfortunately, hit and run incidents are on the rise, especially in the Las Vegas area. Here are some statistics:
- Federal research shows that more hit and run incidents occur in the western section of the country
- Hit and run accidents have increased by 15% since 2000
- The Insurance Information Institute reports that the majority of hit and run accidents resulted in property damage
- The Las Vegas area has experienced a 45% increase in hit and runs since 2001
- Statistics from the Auto Club report that unlicensed drivers are some of the deadliest on the road making up for approximately 20% of all crashes
Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer: What To Do If Involved in a Hit & Run?
While it may be difficult to identify the other driver, contact a motor vehicle accident lawyer immediately to assist you with pursuing a case:
- Even when the crash only involves property, the driver is legally required to stop and make a reasonable effort to contact the other party
- Hit and run accidents may result in prison time and fines
- Trying to find a hit and run driver may be very difficult to accomplish. Even if you can identify the vehicle, some areas require that a witness prove the driver was responsible before prosecution can commence
- Every victim of a hit and run driver has the right to pursue a case in court to cover medical expenses, repairs and other aspects influenced by the accident
Learn more about what to do if you or a loved one was a victim of a hit and run accident. Contact a motor vehicle accident lawyer at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm or call for a free consultation at 702-388-GGRM (4476).