Serious personal injury in Las Vegas can occur to the numerous motorcycle riders on our streets. While many motorcycle riders obey traffic rules and maintain a safe distance behind other motorists, accidents do happen.
Unfortunately when a motorcyclist is involved in a traffic accident he or she typically suffers the most damage:
- Between 1998 and 2000 motorcycle deaths increased among all rider age groups
- Motorcycle riders were 30 times more likely to die in an accident than drivers of other vehicles
- Riders under the age of 40 were 36 times more likely to be killed than other drivers
- The number of injuries and fatalities amongst motorcycle riders has increased. For example, between 2003 and 2004, motorcycle deaths increased by 8%
It’s important you seek legal assistance whether you’ve been injured or a loved one has been killed while operating a motorcycle. Talk to a lawyer who specializes in personal injury in Las Vegas for more information.
Motorcycle Personal Injury in Las Vegas Can Be Reduced
Personal injury in Las Vegas stemming from motorcycle accidents may occur no matter what you do. However, if you take certain safety precautions, your risk of being injured can be reduced:
- Wear a helmet: a full-face helmet is most protective, however ¾ and ½ helmets offer protection as well
- Gloves: provide knuckle protection and some offer wrist protection
- Jackets: leather, ballistic, nylon, Kevlar or other synthetics with special padding can offer torso and possibly neck protection
- Pants: created from the same material as the jacket, pants provide special protection for the knees and hips
- Boots: reinforced and plastic caps on the ankles and toe areas help reduce injury
- Eye protection: highly important to all riders, consider a helmet visor or goggles for protection
- Ear plugs: with wind speed noise above 40 mph, riders need to protect their ears and hearing
- Retro-reflective vests: help identify motorcyclists at night or during adverse weather conditions
Taking the necessary steps can add a layer of protection every time you ride. However, if you’ve been injured while riding consider turning to a lawyer known for personal injury in Las Vegas – contact Greenman Goldberg Raby Martinez Law Firm.
Call 702-388-GGRM (4476) today.