Unfortunately, negligence often plays a role in workers' compensation cases, whether it be the fault of the individual who got hurt, a coworker's fault, or someone else's fault entirely. That being said, regardless of whose fault the accident ultimately was, if you are hurt on the job you may be entitled to receive workers’ compensation, and you may need workers' compensation lawyers in Las Vegas.
What is Negligence?
Negligence occurs when an individual does not behave in a sensible way that keeps either himself/herself or someone else from getting harmed.
Examples of Workplace Negligence
- You don't wear the safety equipment provided by your employer, and as a result, you are injured on the job. For instance, your employer provides a helmet, you don't wear it, and suffer an injury from an object falling on your head.
- You work with machinery and a manufacturer fails to inform the company in which you work there is a defect in a machine you use. Due to failing to communicate this information, you are injured on the job.
- A piece of equipment is broken, such as a ladder, and you use it not realizing it is broken. This results in you falling and hurting yourself.
- As mentioned previously, regardless of who's fault the resulting injury is, you can seek workers' compensation. However, if your injury is the result of you being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you will not be able to seek workers' compensation.
- If you have been injured on the job, make sure to file an injury claim with your employer prior to seeking workers' compensation for your injury.
- You may also be able to seek compensation from a third party if their negligence was the result of your injury. For instance, if you work in the construction business and a contractor did not provide a safe working environment, you may be able to file for compensation for pain and suffering.
Contact GGRM, Workers' Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
If you have been injured at work due to negligence and need workers' compensation lawyers in Las Vegas, contact Greenman, Goldberg, Raby & Martinez. Call 702-388-4476 to schedule your free consultation today!