Encompassing a full 18 city blocks in downtown Las Vegas, Life is Beautiful promises to live up to its name with a steady stream of musical and culinary offerings. It also promises to draw thousands of enthusiastic people. While no one wants to act as a rainstorm on this otherwise rousing event, the personal injury lawyers of Las Vegas at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez know from experience that festivals present an opportunity for personal injury accidents.
Take holistic safety precautions
To enjoy Life is Beautiful to the fullest – they recommend you take the following sensible precautions:
- Familiarize yourself with the layout soon after you arrive. Take note of exits and the location of first aid stations, medical tents and restrooms.
- Formulate a plan with your fellow festival-goers about where you will meet if you become separated or an emergency situation erupts.
- Remain watchful of your surroundings and especially of suspicious people or occurrences. If you sense something is amiss, alert a safety or law enforcement official.
Take safety precautions to avoid personal injury
- Wear rubber-soled shoes to help provide traction even on slippery surfaces.
- Wear light-colored clothing and stay hydrated with water to avoid heat stroke.
- If you must drink alcohol, limit your consumption. You'll remain hydrated, lucid and better able to respond in a clear-headed manner to an emergency if one develops.
- Stay alert to ground conditions that could jeopardize your safety. Spilled food and drinks are common culprits in falls.
- Remain informed of changing weather conditions and consider returning to Life is Beautiful if rain threatens.
- Avoid crowd surfing and stage diving. These activities have caused serious and sometimes permanent personal injuries to fun-loving festival-goers.
- Sidestep personal confrontations – and their potential for physical violence – by simply walking away from a provocateur.
- To avoid the inevitable "crowd crush" that develops at the end of a performance, consider leaving a few minutes before the end of a musical act.
- Call for a taxi if your designated driver is inebriated. Do not put your life in the hands of a drunken driver.
Call premier personal injury lawyers in Las Vegas
Despite your best efforts, you could suffer a personal injury at this festival or another public event. To help you assert your rights, turn to the team of personal injury lawyers in Las Vegas at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez. These experienced attorneys have served as an advocate for thousands of people in southern Nevada since 1970 – and they're ready to do the same for you when life becomes less than beautiful because of a personal injury. Call 702-388-4476 for a free consultation.