Did a serious injury from an auto accident or fall can leave you physically and mentally devastated? Physical pain can interfere with how you perform everyday tasks. Not to mention the draining effects, mentally and financially.
Because your injury may require additional physical therapy, doctor’s visits and time away from work, pursuing a personal injury case may be the only answer. Reimbursement for medical expenses and lost wages can help hasten your recovery, get you back on your feet and back to your normal life.
However, how do you choose from the myriad of Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys? The Yellow Pages is flooded with Las Vegas injury attorneys, touting their services. But you need the right attorney
who can actually help your case.
Here is how to find qualified Las Vegas injury attorneys:
Determine Which Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney is Right for YOU
- Personal Referrals: Ask a friend or a family member if they’ve personally dealt with or know of any strong, capable Las Vegas personal injury attorneys. Inquire about the attorney’s specialty and the result of your friend or family member’s legal case
- American Bar Association (ABA): The ABA can furnish you with a list of Las Vegas injury attorneys who can assist you with your personal injury claim
- Physician referral: Ask your doctor if he or she has knowledge of reputed personal injury attorneys in Las Vegas
- Family attorney: You want an attorney deeply knowledgeable in personal injury, so ask your family attorney for a referral
- Las Vegas Law School: Contact a local Las Vegas law school for a list of reputable personal injury law firms
Will having a list of referrals or names of Las Vegas personal injury attorneys in hand be quite enough? Sometimes the attorney’s approach to your case differs from how you would like to pursue your claim. Or you may have a personality clash. It’s important that you and your attorneys are on the same page and that you can establish trust before you go forward with your case.
Maintain a mental checklist of areas that are important to you during your initial interview:
- Inquire about the Las Vegas personal injury attorney’s client communications--how often can you expect updates and personal communication about your case?
- Do you feel comfortable with your attorney’s personality? Do you feel uncomfortable with any aspect or do you feel rushed during your interview? You want to work with someone who seems genuinely interested in your case and is enthusiastic about meeting with you
- What kind of fees can you expect to pay and does the attorney take cases on a contingency basis?
- How does the attorney stack up against other Las Vegas personal injury attorneys? Before making your final decision, meet with two or three personal injury attorneys in Las Vegas to choose the best that meets your needs.
- What kind of case results did the attorney receive in recent years? Request references or a portfolio to review.
Finding the best Las Vegas personal injury attorney can be a journey, but one that is well worth the time and effort. Choosing who represents you is important, that’s why performing due diligence will help you make the right choice.
Learn more about how the Las Vegas personal injury attorneys at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, Martinez Law Firm have outperformed other area PIs. Contact us at 702-388-GGRM (4476) and allow us to review your case.