Latest Posts



Tags Cloud

When Hit and Run Victims Should Call a Las Vegas Auto Accident Lawyer

An experienced Las Vegas auto accident lawyer at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, and Martinez can help you seek justice if you receive serious injuries in a crash where the driver responsible for the accident leaves the scene.

Anyone involved in a car accident is legally obligated to remain at the scene to exchange insurance information with the other drivers involved in the incident. Driving away from the scene is a serious offense that can lead to monetary fines, driver’s license suspension and, in some cases, a jail sentence.

Follow these steps to protect your legal rights if you have an accident and the other driver leaves the scene:

  • Pull over safely and call 911 to summon emergency medical personnel to treat your injuries
  • Record as much information as you can about the car that drove away. This includes the license plate number or a partial number if you fail to get the whole thing, as well as a description of the vehicle, including model, make and color
  • Contact law enforcement personnel and report your location, the other car’s description and the direction the driver was traveling
  • Gather names and contact information for any eyewitnesses
  • Call your insurance provider to begin the claims process
  • Contact a qualified auto accident lawyer

Let a Qualified Personal Injury Attorney Fight for You

Even if the driver responsible for the crash cannot be found or does not have insurance, you may be able to recover financial compensation if you have uninsured motorist coverage included in your automobile insurance policy. If your own insurance company denies your claim, a qualified personal injury attorney can fight for your right to fair compensation for your injuries.

If you are injured in a hit and run car accident, do not assume the worst. Call an experienced Las Vegas auto accident attorney at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, and Martinez for a free consultation to review the facts and discuss your options. Call 702-388-4476 today.