Injury Attorney In Las Vegas Helps You Spot Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
Talk to an injury attorney in Las Vegas the minute you suspect nursing home abuse or neglect. In some cases, symptoms may be obvious like wounds or injuries. However, families should know the signs to look for beyond easily visible abuse:
- Wounds: unusual bleeding, bruising, open wounds, cuts and sores
- Burns: including abrasions
- Sudden change in physical appearance: such as change in weight, hair loss, torn or stained clothing and physical withdrawal
- Change in hygiene: soiling, refusal to bathe or smelling of feces or urine
- Emotional changes: unresponsiveness, infantile behavior or sudden and unexpected financial transactions
If you believe your loved one has been abused while living in a nursing home, contact an injury attorney in Las Vegas today. Call GGRM Law Firm at 702-388-GGRM (4476).
What An Injury Attorney In Las Vegas Can Do About Nursing Home Abuse
An injury attorney in Las Vegas should be your first call when aiming to right the wrong lodged against your loved one. Steps to recourse may cover:
- File criminal charges. Not all nursing home abuse cases result in criminal charges being filed. In some cases, however, a legal expert will likely recommend that a criminal case be pursued. A criminal trial may result in the facility being closed and an individual or group of people may be sent to prison and/or be penalized with severe fines.
- File a lawsuit against an individual or facility. In addition to possibly filing criminal charges, you may also consider filing a civil suit on behalf of your loved one. It’s important to note that there are deadlines for filing wrongful death lawsuits so it’s important to contact an attorney immediately to understand your rights as a family member.
Nursing home abuse and neglect should not go unpunished. Contact a leading nursing home abuse and and, Martinez Law Firm. Call 702-388-GGRM (4476).