Las Vegas Accidents Attorney Offer Tips If You Are Involved in a Crash
Any experienced Las Vegas accidents attorney has dealt with the aftermath of a devastating motorcycle crash. The truth is, the majority of motorcycle accidents cause injuries and it is most often the motorcycle rider who suffers the worst of them.
If you are involved in an accident while riding a motorcycle, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries if another driver is at fault. The attorneys at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez offer the following tips to ensure you get the most out of your claim.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident until the police arrive to survey the crash and take witness statements.
- Even if you have no visible signs of injury, it is best to seek medical attention immediately. Sometimes the adrenaline rush after an accident will mask the pain of injuries that are not readily visible. If you do not have a paramedic check you at the scene, schedule an appointment as soon possible with your personal physician for a check-up.
- Take photographs of the vehicles involved and the overall scene immediately following the incident. Most mobile phones have a built in camera making it easy for you to gather photographic evidence that can be useful during settlement negotiations or in court.
- Gather names and contact information for the other driver or drivers involved in the accident and any eyewitnesses you can find. This will give your lawyer a convenient way to follow up and gather evidence to support your claim.
- Resist any temptation to speak to the other drivers about details of the incident. Anything you say may be used against you later when you attempt to file a claim.
- File a police report and ask the reporting officer how you can obtain a copy for your records.
After leaving the scene call a Las Vegas accidents attorney at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez at 702-388-GGRM (4476) for a free initial consultation.