Las Vegas Nevada Personal Injury Attorneys Offer Summer Safety Tips for Children
The Las Vegas Nevada personal injury attorneys at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez are familiar with the hazards summertime brings to children in the community. Attendance at local playgrounds and swimming pools is up, and with that, the risk of injury to little ones rises.
It is crucial for parents to stay vigilant while their children are at play. The legal professionals at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez offer the following tips to ensure summertime is fun time.
- Always inspect a public playground for safety hazards before allowing children to play. Make sure equipment has sand, grass or mats underneath to cushion falls.
- Do not allow children to play on equipment that is rusty or has splinters.
- Inspect sandboxes for needles, glass and sharp objects before allowing children to play.
- Make sure slides and climbing apparatus with bridges have guardrails that are sturdy and in overall good condition.
Swimming Pool Safety
- Children playing in swimming pools are always at risk of drowning, which is among the leading causes of death for young ones.
- Never leave a child in or near the water unattended. Adult supervision is critical to avoid a tragic incident at the pool. This goes for private residential pools, public pools and even the smallest inflatable pool only a few inches deep. It takes mere seconds underwater to cause catastrophic brain injury or even death.
- Residential pool owners must install safety fencing that is a minimum of four feet high around the perimeter of the pool. The gate must be self-closing and self-latching. Keep the gate locked at all times to prevent children from wandering into the enclosed area unattended.
- Rescue equipment, including throw ropes and life vests, should be kept near the pool and easily accessible in case of emergency.
Summertime is a time for fun in the sun but failing to follow these safety tips can lead to disaster. If your child is injured due to another’s negligence in properly maintaining swimming pools or playgrounds, call the law offices of Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez at 702-388-GGRM (4476) to speak to experienced Las Vegas, Nevada personal injury attorneys.