Count on a Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneyfor Help After a Pedestrian Accident
Every Las Vegas personal injury attorney
at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez is familiar with the devastating effects a pedestrian accident can have on victims and their families.
Pedestrian accidents are not as common as two-car collisions but statistics show that most result in injuries to the pedestrian. Of the nearly 100,000 individuals injured in this type of accident in the country annually, 6,000 will die from their injuries.
The good news is most of these accidents are preventable when pedestrians and motorists take the proper precautions while navigating the roadways.
Reduce Your Risk for Needing a Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
If you are walking in Las Vegas, the following tips can help you reduce your risk of being involved in an accident with a motor vehicle:
- Whenever possible, walk on a sidewalk or pedestrian path. If you have to walk in the street because the area lacks sidewalks, move as far to the left as you can and walk facing traffic.
- Keep your eyes focused on where you are going. Distracted walking is just as dangerous as distracted driving. Many accidents occur because pedestrians are talking or texting on a cell phone and fail to notice imminent danger.
- Do not jaywalk. Use the crosswalks and always obey traffic signals. You are less likely to be struck by a vehicle when crossing the street at an intersection than you are if you try to cross the street mid-block.
- When crossing at an intersection, always make eye contact with drivers before walking out in front of them, especially if the driver is signaling to make a right hand turn.
- Wear light colored clothing when walking at night so you are more visible to drivers.
If you are hit by a motorist and receive serious injuries that require medical treatment, an experienced accident attorney can protect your legal rights and help you receive compensation for expenses related to treatment, recovery and rehabilitation. Call 702-388-GGRM (4476) today to speak to a qualified Las Vegas personal injury attorney
at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez.