Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Share Revealing Statistics
Before you hit the road on your hog, motorcycle accident lawyers want you to know some of the stunning statistics and information surrounding motorcycle accidents and fatalities*:
*Sources: "Motorcycle Crashes" by the Insurance Information Institute | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Been involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact a team of experienced motorcycle accident lawyers today. Call Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez Law Firm at 702-388-GGRM (4476).
- In 2009 alone, there were 4,595 fatal motorcycle accidents—in those accidents more than 84,000 were injured
- In 2008, 96,000 bikers were injured
- Helmet use is estimated to be only 37% effective in preventing a fatality for motorcycle riders and only 41% in motorcycle passengers
- Motorcyclists are 37 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash and 9 times more likely to be injured
- 346 bikers between the ages of 15 to 20 were killed in 2008 with an additional 8,000 injured
Safety Tips from Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Some motorcycle accident lawyers are bikers themselves who practice strict safety rules. Some rules they advise bikers to live by include:
- Read the owner’s manual before riding your motorcycle
- Check the tires and pressure. Search for cuts or foreign objects in the tires
- Examine the bike’s controls, lights, signals, oil and fuel
- Double check your brakes as you roll off to ensure they will work
- Always follow the rules of the road when riding
- Make sure other drivers can see you by maintaining headlamps and by wearing bright clothing
- Keep a 2 second gap between you and the other vehicles at speeds under 40 mph
- Always check for oncoming traffic in intersections
It’s important to wear your helmet and proper riding gear to avoid additional cuts, bruises and road rash should you wipe out. However, if your injuries are more severe than a few scrapes, contact motorcycle accident lawyers for more information.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident contact a team of experienced motorcycle accident lawyers today at GGRM Law. Call 702-388-GGRM (4476).