Personal Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas Address Cases Involving PTSD
Personal injury attorneys in Las Vegas handle a variety of cases involving victims of post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that result from the negligence or malice of another. Often PTSD goes undetected and untreated for years, leaving the victim feeling helpless and alone.
Identifying whether you have PTSD is a positive step toward your recovery. According to the Mayo Clinic, post traumatic stress disorder symptoms include:
- Experiencing flashbacks or reliving the emotional day for minutes to up to a few days at a time
- Being awakened by dreams surrounding the event
- Avoiding or talking too much about the event
- Feeling numb inside
- Shunning activities you previous enjoyed
- Trouble concentrating and memory problems
- Feeling hopeless and withdrawing from friends and family
- Destructive behavior such as drinking or taking drugs
- Sleep disorders and paranoia
Contact one of the top personal injury attorneys in Las Vegas. Call GGRM Law Firm at 702-388-GGRM (4476).
Personal Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas Can Help With Your Medical Claim
Resolving your medical claim with the assistance of personal injury attorneys in Las Vegas can help you get the treatment you need and deserve. Many advances have been made in treating PTSD such as:
- Medication: depending on your level of anxiety, medications such as antipsychotics, antidepressants, anti-anxiety medication and prazosin may be prescribed
- Psychotherapy: in addition to medication, talking about the event with a trained therapist may help you find closure. Treatments may include cognitive therapy, exposure therapy and eye movement desensitization
- Alternative medicine: PTSD may also be alleviated using acupuncture. While the Mayo Clinic says that more research is necessary to completely understand the impact of acupuncture, some patients have expressed relief
Regardless of the path you decide to take, make your first call to personal injury attorneys in Las Vegas who have experience dealing with victims of PTSD cases.
Talk to us about your medical claim today. Contact the personal injury attorneys in Las Vegas at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez Law Firm. Call 702-388-GGRM (4476).