Worker Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas

What to do Before Calling Worker Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas

Worker compensation lawyers in Las Vegas, including the ones working at the law firm of Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez are available to protect the rights of individuals who are injured on the job and fail to receive the compensation they need to recover from their injuries.If you are injured at work, here are the steps you must take to file a worker compensation claim:
  • Seek immediate medical treatment for your injury. If your employer participates in an Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) or Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) program, you will have to visit a participating healthcare provider for treatment.
  • Notify your supervisor or employer of your injury and ask for a Form C-1. You must fill out this Notice of Injury or Occupational Disease – Incident Report and sign and date it within seven days of your accident.
  • The medical provider who sees you for your initial treatment should provide you with a Form C-4. You must complete the top portion of the form by supplying your name, address, phone number, employer’s name and date of injury. The medical provider is responsible for completing the bottom portion of the form and the treating medical professional will sign and date it. The medical provider must submit the form to the insurer and the employer. The form is not valid and will not begin the workers’ compensation claim until it is filed with the claims administrator.
The insurer must begin paying your claim or deny your request and notify you of its denial within 30 days of receiving the Form C-4. If medical benefits are denied or your employer or its insurance company disputes your claim, a qualified lawyer can represent your interests during the dispute process. If your injury is serious enough that you are permanently disabled and will be unable to earn an income, an attorney can help you with filing for Social Security benefits. For a free initial consultation, call the worker compensation offices of Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez at 702-388-GGRM (4476).