Thousands of Americans suffer injuries every year at work during the normal performance of their duties. In Nevada, employers are required to provide workers’ compensation insurance to assist those who are hurt or disabled on the job. Unfortunately, not every injured worker gets their just compensation. Sometimes, to get the justice you and your family deserve, you need outside assistance in the form of workers’ compensation lawyers.
Steps to Take When You’ve Been Injured on the Job
- Notifying your employer immediately of any injuries. Minor injuries can snowball over time; it’s best to record even small accidents.
- Keep personal documentation of the time and place of the work accident. Include a thorough explanation of how it occurred.
- List all witnesses to the workplace accident and request they complete a brief statement.
- Notify your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier of the injury.
If denied benefits, work with your workers’ compensation lawyers to submit timely appeals.
The Most Common Injuries Pursued by Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Struck by falling objects
- Machinery accidents
- Repetitive motion
- Workplace violence
- Chemical exposure
When You’ve Been Injured, Get the Best Legal Team on Your Side
Workers’ compensation laws exist to protect workers and ensure those injured and their families get compensated to cover medical bills and time spent recovering following a worksite accident. Sometimes those accidents that cause workplace injuries or deaths also cause conflicts between the employee and the employer or between the employee and the insurer. In these scenarios, you need the best workers’ compensation lawyers to represent you in a workers’ comp lawsuit. The long-standing workers’ compensation lawyers at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby and Martinez have the experience and expertise to take you through that process and fight for you every step of the way.
- We start with a free personal consultation
- We’ll assist you with all of the necessary paperwork
- We’ll go head-to-head with your employers’ insurance firms
- We’ll remain dedicated to your cause and work diligently to secure the highest financial compensation possible
- Unlike other firms, we’ll stay in contact with you throughout the process
- We’ll remain true to our core vision: “Your Rights. Your Recovery. Your Future. It Matters to Us.”