An experienced wrongful death lawyer can handle a variety of cases
and will be an advocate for the victim.
Often families are stunned and mired by grief over the loss of a family member or loved one, only to have that grief deepened when they realize it was due to the negligence of another. Wrongful death cases come in numerous forms – all tragic and devastating:
- Medical mistakes such as botched surgery, medication prescription errors, surgical instruments left inside patients
- Car or airplane accidents including vehicular homicide, manslaughter, airline negligence
- Criminal attacks – break and enter, kidnapping and abductions
- Work-related accidents or attacks – dangerous conditions created by conditions or substances or irate employees attacking the office
- Death during a supervised activity including games or extreme sports activities
How Will a Wrongful Death Lawyer Handle Your Case?
In order to effectively present a strong case, a wrongful death lawyer will need as much information as possible after the initial consultation. A good lawyer will also:
- Work closely with you to determine if you have a case
- Gather evidence and facts to support your claim
- File a suit in court to pursue damages
- Confidently present your case to the judge and jury
- Fight for possible punitive damages in court
While this may give you a general idea of what will happen, each case is unique and may not follow a defined process. Being available to your wrongful death lawyer and willing to work closely with your team can serve your best interests.